Positive Habits, Positive Attitude, Self-Care and Gratitude- 31 Day Challenge
Healthy habits, self-care, staying positive and cultivating an attitude of gratitude can do wonders for your mental health. Creating good habits can keep you balanced, strong and happy and even help you get through times of turmoil.
The following set of 31 tasks all fit into the categories of healthy habits (eating, sleeping, physical activity and time for relaxation), building a positive attitude, self-care and being grateful (even for the little things). I encourage you to take this challenge over the next 31 days and perhaps even try to make some of these practices daily ones if they resonate with you. You never know, one month of a Positivity Challenge may change your life for the better!
- Add 30 mins to 1 hour/week of designated “Me” time into your calendar.
- Go for a run/walk – stop to notice the beauty of nature along the way.
- Make a list of 10 things you are grateful for.
- Tell yourself “I am wonderful, I am kind and I love myself”.
- Eat healthily all day! Remember to drink lots of water.
- Go to bed early – make sure you get 8 hours of sleep.
- Remember to take three mindful breaths at various times throughout the day.
- Take a social media break today.
- Create a playlist of inspiring music – do a special dance as you listen.
- Catch up with a good friend via phone, email or going for coffee.
- Pick a place in your home or in your workspace to clean and purge. It could be a small drawer or a whole room — just be sure to clear out some junk!
- Find 5 positive quotes and reflect on them.
- Ask 3 friends to write you letters about what they love about you. Make sure you read the returned letters.
- Compile a list of what you like about yourself and add anything you have accomplished to date.
- Do 30 minutes of any kind of exercise today.
- Do a random act of kindness today.
- Make a list of people you love!
- Take some time to sing, dance, do art or complete any activity that really relaxes you.
- Eat at least 5 servings of fruits or veggies today.
- Make a list of things you will accomplish over the next year.
- Watch your favourite movie.
- Take a relaxing bubble bath or shower.
- Do 10 minutes of meditation.
- Draw, paint or colour a picture.
- Put on your favourite music – remember to sing and dance!
- Start a positive thoughts jar – write positive moments from your day to place in the jar – every day!
- Take a photo of something that made you happy today.
- Have a coffee date — with yourself!!!
- Do some reading – just for fun.
- Take time to tell people who you appreciate, just how much they mean to you.
- Congratulate yourself for any wins that occurred during this challenge & celebrate you!
Do this on your own, with you family or even create a challenge team that can encourage, motivate and help you stay motivated! Stay positive and if you make a mistake or forget something just pick up where you left off and try again! You can do this!
Written by: Lisa Harrietha-Benson
Believe To Achieve Kids Life Studio®
Nova Scotia, Canada